DWA-Training: The German Water Sector
- Focus: River Basin Management
July 31 - August 2, 2018, Hennef
Twice per year, DWA holds the seminar “The German Water Sector” in Hennef/ Germany.
The next training is going to take place from July 31st – August 2nd 2018.
Focus of the seminar is going to be the river basin management.
The seminar aims to provide attendees the basic knowledge of the German water sector- a foundation to build upon during their everyday business.
The following key topics are going to be covered:
- Basic principles of river basin management, including visions for living rivers
- Standards and rules in Germany, including the importance of the Technical Safety Management (TSM)
- The role and meaning of the Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in the German water sector in order to establish a solid foundation of knowledge
- Integration of policies, decisions, participation processes and costs across sectoral interests, including involvement of industry, agriculture, urban development, navigation, fisheries management and more
- Case studies:
- Water Framework Directive
- Geo Information Systems (GIS)
To round up the seminar, attendees are going on a field trip for practical experience